Sunday, July 26, 2009

End of a "Hiatus"



After a bigggggg hiatus, I am back. When you write as a part of a bigger team, you tend to get lost with the crowd, and now that i have scared the regulars away, i thought this would be a good time to get back to my first one and so here I am.....

Friday marked, the second week of my tumultous journey in US of A. I had jumped from a sweat shop to a "american" company and now i am back to the grind with another sweat shop. Personally for me the change has been BIG, but I am not complaining. In a country where job losses happen faster than you change your pants, and being recession time, I have a job and yeah I am "in status" .. so what the heck can you ever complain for ?? ...

So i like this new place, rent is cheap, vast open spaces, straight roads ( just hold the steering wheel in place, even if you are drunk silly ... you would reach home). Apart from that as long as you know a smattering of indian languages like i do ... you would be fine .. all you need to do is flip from "moooooooooo" to an indy language and you can get along just fine. ( of course lots of desis, and cows and bulls being the only people around also helps ...)

So i am starting off again, new job, new place , new people and new work ethics, where mixing of business and personal life is a surety and no topic, however personal it may be being out of bounds. Compare that to the american way of life where work is just business and business and personal life is not mixed ever, the change is immense.

I am unsure which one i prefer because sometimes ineveitably work and personal life tend to fuse together albeit for a short time, its during those moments i would rather want to see a human face than something thats deviod of emotions. Of course that also means, I tend to keep things to myself and am in no hurry to open up, try as much as people do to open the clam shell.

Thankfully a new place also has a lot of charm to it so i do have my hands full trying to figure where can i get what and so on ... I due hope this transition is a short one and i do not hang around a lot either at this place or with this fortune company so i guess keeping myself occupied would be the best way to be ahead in the game ...

So now that my cuppa of cappuccino is over, its time to head over to the gate, i can hear my name being called and if i am not on it, i will miss the flight. I promise i will write in as reglarly as i can and if you guys can get hang of my sense of humour I can bet you would be back as soon as i post ....

Have a good "working week" ahead ....

1 Comments:

At Monday, July 27, 2009 at 9:03:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats !!!!for new job
So I hope Sudhir's villa is going to come up soon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home