Tuesday, October 07, 2008

All this and that !!!

so what’s happening guys, I have to admit, I did miss familiar feeling but I was neck deep in trouble all the while be it work or otherwise. So finally my scripts are ready, the code works just great, the unit tests if there ever was one will print super results and more importantly a host of people who have their mouths open on looking at this piece of work, would finally have the insight to shut them close.

so what did I do apart from work? played less, hit the road countless times, backed into a parked Honda and went 90 mph on a 45 mile zone because I had a presentation to make which was just minutes away from its start. so once the after effects of mom’s departure to New York were dulled, I decided to shift from my present apartment. You see I liked the sea facing apartment very much, but considering the fact that I am as smart with my money as a 2 year old would be with a brand new iphone, I realized for once I need to use the nonexistent grey cells and perhaps move over to a cheaper or a more spacious place.

Wrestling out the last piece of furniture I was nostalgic as the truck I was driving hit the paved road, but for once I had made a difficult decision and was done with it pretty quick. 2 days - 10 hours of cleansing and my new apartment is ready ( I share it with a roomie ), I parted the drapes to get a clearer view of the lagoon the balcony faces and I looked back happily at the kayak ready for its initial plunge into its greenish backwaters. My eyes wander around taking in the serenity ...everything is neat and well arranged ...AND Something tells me I am ready ....

So much for work, I also went on my first date err... yeah ... was chirpy whenever she was around and add to it, was the laughter. So I kinda assumed if she is so dumb to laugh at my stupidest joke, hell she can laugh pretty much as hard as I do. So finally got some dum in my bum ( non linguistic readers, please don’t ask me what it means though please) and asked her out. Yeah yeah it took me 2 weeks, to finally get around to that and boy we had fun...But you know what, I am rapidly reaching the expiry date ( err the marriage date) so I guess this dating and stuff will soon die its normal death just as much as loafing around during teenage years did ...

I also was fortunate enough to "Eat" soup at my friends place. You see some of the curries we make can really get hot and my good friend in an effort to match the small Sunday afternoon lunch at my place called me over to sample some of her delicacy. I admit, my appetite died after the first few morsels, but hey I cleaned my plate pretty much as I don’t like to waste food and more so, I believed the effort put in was pretty much worth the trouble. So readers who are total foodies like me, please do tell your friends that corn starch doesn’t need to be spoonful for making soup for 2, half a spoon will do the trick, or else we would have corn cake instead of corn soup as my friend found out ....( now you get the "ate" soup picture ...??)

I have a truckload of clothes I need to iron out. Given my propensity to get up exactly 5 minutes to 9 each morning and rush through to make it to office by 10, I kinda figured Tee and Jerseys make up for what is termed as business casuals. Consequently it’s not hard to figure me out from the crowd. I am the only guy in office who can land up in a tee and jeans even on a Monday morning...

So finally ...

I promise, I will do some laundry this week ....

I promised I will work on improving my handwriting..

I also promise, I will spend less and earn more ..

Same goes for work less and chill out ... (yawnnn....)

I also promise ....... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(thank you for reading so far ... :) )

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 8:19:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Vidya said...

LOL.. What else can I say? ;D

 
At Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 11:33:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Vin said...

heyy.. yeh kya 'date' ka bathaya nahi re shaane? anyways, marriage need not necessarily mean ezpiry date...hamesha shaadi ko lekar ithna cynical kyon hain??
jaldi se shaadi kar...that will help ur ironing, ur having to 'eat' soup,
ur spending might go up and u will not be allowed to chill...BUT thats OK. OK ?

BTW, nice to c u back in circuit..

 
At Thursday, October 9, 2008 at 6:55:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger ancientmariner said...

all the best for ur implementation..i have mine coming up soon:(...kya date wate kar raha hai...no wonder why I don't see you online now a days..:-)

 
At Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 2:24:00 AM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.. Its really great to know that you are getting married. I am really happy for you!

Congratulations

 
At Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 9:22:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ vidya /-

hey hey hey how have you been? whens your next update btw? :)

 
At Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 9:23:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ vin /-

oye shaani kaun shaadi kar raha hai ? abhi time hai wokay to enter the misery club !!!

 
At Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 9:24:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ ancient mariner /-

sarkar, not every outing need to be a date but then not every day you go out so an occasional one might be considered a date :)

 
At Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 9:25:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ anonymous /-

whoaaaaa, whos talking about getting married here btw !!! you got the wrong msg Senor / Senorita !!!!

 
At Thursday, October 23, 2008 at 10:19:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger KK said...

Goddamn! I miss Cali. All your idyllic setting description of the scenery through your window is all very well, but do keep in mind some of us are in crazy weather Texas.

Out here in Bush Country, its so effing cold, I'm willing to chance it in Alaska so I get to shoot a Moose (or Palin) for the bargain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home