Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

Whoa my last post for this year I cant believe it a full 365 days have passed :). Life has certainly changed much in the past few years and this year was no different. It certainly had its own share of crests and troughs and I thought what better way to end your posts than to write about how the year has been. Soon 2007 will be history and the sun will rise on 2008. As ever I welcome it with open hands and while circumstances would want me not to believe, I still have hope 2008 will be great year :)

So here goes

January: Lost a friend, had to face a rotting relation the scars of which I still bear. Cant believe we are miles apart

The good side: I knew in a couple of months, I will be far far away from home, right out there across the seven seas

February: Losing out a promotion I deserved because I won’t molly cuddle the decision makers. What made it worse was I was anything but servile and quite vocal about disapproving what I thought was dumb with suitable reasons of course..

The good side: I received my 4th Outstanding Performance award from my company, working for whom is still and will always remain a matter of pride for me

March: My sister relocated with the kids. I had a hard time trying to be happy since I knew the next time I see my sweet hearts they will no longer be the pint sized bunnies I would carry around

The good side: I packed my bags. My journey to the promised land was just round the corner

April: I resigned from my company. I had issues with the way things were and I thought it was just right to move when you are needed the most.

The good side: A couple of my managers gave me an open ended offer to return whenever I wanted. The cute little girl in office confessed she had a crush on me lol

May: Back to bachelor life. I was preparing myself to be alone for a loooooong time.

The good side: It was hard but each day was worth it.

June: Had to sell off my baby my bike. It had served me well and I on my part had cared for it every bit. All said, I couldn’t stand there to see it being taken away and turned away soon enough.

The good side: I got a good price for it. I had an unofficial interview when the gals dad landed home to talk to me and I got a very good idea on what to expect for future interviews !!!

July: Kissed my home good bye. My birds had long gone and my nest had to be given up

The good side: I patched up with people I never thought I would go back to.

August: Kissed my adopted home good bye. It was time to get back to my hometown and my folks my last few days of living life king size. Quite memorable month since it also was my first and last time I got drunk and threw up

The good side: Got pampered like hell. Did everything I could possibly think off, told people who matter to me the most how much I love them, set out on an adventure and hugged everyone who mattered to me a lot

September: Hard hard times. Mental torture was immense and so was the pressure

The good side: I finally got a chance to prove myself and I shined. Relocation was right around the corner

October: Tight finances, tighter schedules and tighter surroundings.

The good side: The scorpion spirit reigned supreme. Did well, got things done and shone. Finally got settled in sunny California

November: I crossed another milestone also known as birthday by most. My 5th away from my dear ones and being alone. The mood was somber and so was the day…

The good side: My expedition was about to begin and I was gearing myself for it

December: Met L at Las Vegas while on a holiday. Cant forget the relaxed and happy look on the face, if there were any reminders of poor old me, it was quite dutifully forgotten I guess. Lost A and in the process the fragile outer structure I was made off. Still am bearing the scars of how quickly things fall apart when time is not on your side

The good side: I gave up. I realize he has a way of making things happen and I on my side have the responsibility of trying my best. Both are doing their job in their own ways so let time take its stride and decide for itself who wins and at what stage.

The most amazing coincidence being start of 2007 was on a bad note and so was the end and BOTH were for somewhat similar reasons :)

So there you go an event filled year, where I gained something I lost something. Nevertheless life moves on and so did I (actually I am making myself believe that). I can beat myself to death things about the things I have lost this year but having said so I believe I am fine because for every stumble and every failure I had to face, I did have something to look back and smile upon.

Truth is I chase so many things in life some within reach and some beyond that I at times end up screwing things up. Rather than berate myself I should focus on making myself stronger and I intend to do that. These things require time and patience, 2 things that I wasn’t even aware off and its time I learn my lesson and move on.

Move on I did because if there is something that really gets to me, it’s the familiarity of things. I like to stay competitive and I like to see things differently and experience a difference. I am not sure how successful I would be in life and how many more failures, disappointments I would face in life. But having said that its time I grow up and take things in my stride like I used to when I was young ( yeah, I feel quite old of lately!!!)

So lets see staying focused is what I plan to do which means no more cribbing except on the blog (the anonymity helps :) ) and yes please welcome Xander !!! my new partner in crime who will crib and wave and rant and write nonsense just like me on the blog …

For all my friends (bloggies and otherwise), enemies and visitors how has 2007 been for you???

Wish you all a happy and prosperous NEW YEAR!!!

3 Comments:

At Thursday, January 3, 2008 at 9:19:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Vidya said...

For more information on how 2007 has been for me, please check out my blog yaar!

Warm wishes for a wonderful year ahead !

Vidya

 
At Saturday, January 5, 2008 at 10:49:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Khushi said...

Wish you a Happy 2008 :-)

 
At Thursday, January 10, 2008 at 12:23:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger KK said...

[ What made it worse was I was anything but servile and quite vocal about disapproving what I thought was dumb with suitable reasons of course..]

Word? Respect.

On the bright side, you got around to do a lot of kissing and hugging and got to see beautiful Cali. I miss the darn place already.

Or it might have been the strippers, one of these.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home