Thursday, December 20, 2007

Driving adventures !!!

I never thought I would be able to do that. Well I know it’s not impossible as every one said so yet I was quite nervous you see. But then I still have the biker genes in me which mandates flirting with adventure at each venture and so here we go, 2 classes down and I am already able to handle a car !!!

No big deal for most but considering the fact that I never drove my entire life, it was an exhilarating feeling honestly. Now if I can just get the shutter mouth of my asian instructor to shut up, I can concentrate on getting that curve right. He has this funny laughter and broken English which gets me more confused than understood at times. And you know what he wants to know about, while driving ? Hell he talks about tech stocks as if I am some kinda financial wizard or at best his personal financial advisor. PP would love that role but then what to do, he already has a license and he is way too far off in MN to be ever in the picture :).

So here we go, left turn, right turn, free way lane change, stop and go, night driving etc etc and whether its morning or night I am silently observing how the traffic moves as I walk to office, trying to observe what I would do if I was in the nth position at left/right /middle lane etc etc. Hell its sure fun, as I silently maneuver my invisible car from those traffic tight spots. No wonder these days I walk a lot more than the 40 minutes I used to take to walk to office previously.

As for misadventures, well I missed one signal the first day, took a right turn and almost went over the kerb, tried to put the hand brake before stopping the car and almost went over the guard rail once, all that in the course of one day. As I hopped out of the car I could almost sense the instructor let out a held breath, and the color returning to his cheeks. Too bad, I didn’t trouble him much from day 2 onwards, I did everything right :)

While I am indeed happy, my thoughts go out to A, who’s sitting across the seven seas making me dive into this adventure while they are oblivious to it…..

Well at least I have something to yapp about post January !!!!

2 Comments:

At Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 2:55:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger ancientmariner said...

tech stocks..great buddy..wish I had the same instructor :-). Well you are lucky that this talk doesn't affect your concentration. My instructor used to discuss/tell me the following (Disclaimer : Explicit contents :-))
- "you must go to Mexixo, the chicks there are really hot and you will a good f*** for $$$ dollars."
- "Indian ladies are so beautiful, don't you have a gf, do they sleep around" and have i slept with anybody etc !!! And I used to enlighten him about our culture..
- " you guys have stiff competition, for 100 seats you have 10000 candidates, surely you guys are intelligent and no wonder why an Indian takes just 5 classses to get a license while an American takes 7-10 :-)" With a bloated heart and lungs and liver and intestine etc I proceed to tell him that the ratio is around 2lakks applicants for 1500 seats and yes we are intelligent:-)

I used to love those drivin sessions though...once I was taking a left at a huge intersection..miscalculated the turn,hit the kerb,swerved to the right to avoid that,car on the right side honks, to avoid that I swerve to the left on to the other incoming lane..ohh boy..he was fuming 'stay on the lane, stay on the lane, you are hopeless"..:-)

that was a lengthy comment..:D

 
At Thursday, December 20, 2007 at 11:05:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ ancientmariner /-

dude you have no clue, what he talks to me apart from tech stocks [chuckles]. Get in here, there are more funny ones to come :) trust me !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home