Monday, July 23, 2007

Mom's Advice!!!

My mom would always tell me not to do it and dad would freak out when I wouldn’t do it but then I was far too civilized according to me to believe in all these nuances.

After all I am a city bred and modernity ran in my blood how could I follow such mundane traditions never mind the fact that doing it never required anything but a smile and a few golden words.

I had a hard day in office and believe me I was feeling lazy like hell since when I stepped out. All I wanted to do was just sit under a waterfall and hopefully soothe my over heated nerves. As I reached a prominent junction in the city a friend of mine called and wanted to meet me and needed my help. I agreed reluctant but it was fine, just a matter of about an hour I thought. An hour gave way to a couple more and before I knew it, it was well past 9 at night.

To make matters worse things were pretty fine till we argued for some trivial matter and finally it ended up with me feeling agitated. As I dropped my friend off and speed on, she warned me to be careful and drive carefully. Not that I am rash anytime, maybe my mood swing was caught while I still pretended I guess. Anyways I waved and speed away...

As I entered the driveway to reach my place, I speed up a bit. All that argument had made me hungry and I just wanted to have something to eat, a hot bath and sleep. Suddenly out jumped a middle aged guy on a bike right onto the traffic, I braked with all my might, my bike screamed but it was too late, there was a loud thud, his bike flew away as if it was made of paper and he landed right in front of me over the asphalt road with a thud.

I froze it was my first accident since I began biking almost 12 years ago and the enormity of the situation was too striking for me to do anything. The sticky feeling, the gut feeling in my throat, the cold hands and feet and the rapidly beating heart i had all of them at the same time. I watched in empathy as he was helped by others and he hobbled on one leg to where his bike lay. I ensured he was fine and since it was not my fault I left.

4 hours down the line, I still can’t sleep. No its not my wound that are keeping me awake rather its the pain i feel deep down my heart. I had seen such scenes only in Hollywood movies and today it happened to me. It’s at that point of time I remembered my mom and why she hated me saying a bye after an argument….

I won’t deny the fact that my tiff with my friend was on my mind and I was being increasingly getting agitated over being misunderstood over a trivial matter but then it would cause me so much mental agony I had never dreamt off.

I do hope sleep comes to me naturally before fatigue gets to me and I also hope I would be fine tomorrow and can rest the ghosts of today’s incident….

One thing is for sure, I am definitely going to follow what my mom wished for so long. As for my friends who are guessing what the request is all about, wait till I meet you any evening and you will realize what “Moms request” is all about…..

11 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 24, 2007 at 10:12:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Priya said...

Ooops.. Hope u r ok buddy.

What else a mom will ask but a DIL.

 
At Friday, July 27, 2007 at 5:47:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Vidya said...

I hope you are okay! I can only imagine what thoughts must be going through your mind after that accident. May I suggest that you not do any retrospection at this time? Because hindsight is always 20-20.

However, I am curious to hear what your Mom's request is. I would write down my guesses here but am unsure if you could read Tamil.
:D

Vidya

 
At Sunday, July 29, 2007 at 12:58:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ priya /-

yep pri, i am fine ( safe and sound rather hehehe :) ). Of the 13 ppl who responded, just 2 came somewhere close to what mom said.

You are partially correct which reminds me one of the reasons why I argued :)

keep trying :)

 
At Sunday, July 29, 2007 at 1:00:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ vidya /-

Aah consultant where have you been?? got lost in the beaches of virginia is it :)

Naa i cant read malayalam leave alone tamil, but if you can write in hindi or marathi, I can manage :)

Curiosity is good, but like i said if you hit the bulls eye you get a suitable response from me, else please keep trying :)

Ohh yeah you can also email me your comments at acesudhir@gmail.com :)

good luck !!!

 
At Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 10:29:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Sudha said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 10:30:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Sudha said...

um.. "I know we disagree but I still love you"? That sounds something like what I would ask of my loved ones.. well, when do i get to know what your mum's request was?

 
At Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 10:33:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

well actually, i am not going to put it on my blog, so for the really keen, i would rather meet them and tell it personally !!!

 
At Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 10:48:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Sudha said...

Translation : I would never know.. Humph!! :)..

 
At Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 10:51:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

err no the translation is "Know me Better" to get your ans :)

 
At Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 10:59:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Sudha said...

Darn! The possibility that it couldve meant that completely escaped my mind!

C'mon, was trying not to mention the obvious there!!

 
At Tuesday, September 4, 2007 at 11:43:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

Aah i see, my mistake :) hope the translation is clear now :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home