Sunday, June 17, 2007

Bye Bye My Dear O'L Home !!!

Four walls make up a house but does a house maketh a home? What do you do when the place you called a home ceases to become yours for reasons whatsoever?

As I stepped out from the place I called a home I was left with a feeling of nostalgia. I had spent a major part of the last 2 years stacking the memories that each passing day bought, some good some bad, but most of them precious moments I would never be able to forget for the rest of my life.

There was a time when I would rush from office just to be with my little darlings. Each passing day was like a party and their antics played not just a therapeutic role but also an enriching one and I had immense pride seeing them grow up before my very eyes. Not to forget the antics were also instrumental in distracting me from the mundane life I held and the pressures I faced ….

But my birdies flew away some time back since someone else on account of having a relation that weighs higher awaited them and it’s just right that they fly away. Things were never the same once they left the nest but nevertheless I had enough memories that ensured I shared my private moment with them each day just like the good old days.

As I lit the lamp, prayed and later stacked up to leave, all these memories came flooding in again, each pillar each room had a distinct flavor of its own and I savored them all for the last time. Times are changing and the tree lined boulevards are giving rise to newer entrants and still newer changes but somehow I regaled in those good old memories since they seemed so very precious at this point of time.

I stepped out bags, baggage and memories, I may not see the same place for an awfully long time but I was glad I carried the things that were most precious and counted the most to me wherever I went…

Life …. Here I come …..

8 Comments:

At Monday, June 18, 2007 at 8:42:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Priya said...

Is this stepping out of ur company or taking ur baggage to a new continent.

 
At Monday, June 18, 2007 at 10:13:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ priya /-

thats part I of my moving lock stock and barrel to a new continent !!!

 
At Monday, June 18, 2007 at 11:42:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

moving post :)

 
At Tuesday, June 19, 2007 at 6:37:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ unjun /-

thanks for commenting, your new post was on the same lines as I had, but now i will have to change and tweak it so as to not to make it sound like "Lifted" from yours :)

 
At Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at 2:38:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Vidya said...

I am positive that your next comment is going to be about ariplanes / lost luggage / or something along those lines !

:D

Vidya

 
At Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at 11:56:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ vidya /-

well vids, i have had quite good exp about lost luggage and airplanes but like you i too am pretty sure, i would be writing a post on "exorbitant" excess baggage charges soon :)

see ya around !!!

 
At Thursday, July 12, 2007 at 9:01:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Enigma said...

where did u move ?

 
At Friday, July 13, 2007 at 12:09:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ enigma /-

Moved to fairfax, virginia !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home