Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A New Role Awaits !!!

That’s how we have always been you know. When one remains silent the other talks animatedly and vice versa. With the passage of time too, that behaviour hasn’t changed.

Now as I sit around and reminisce about those growing up years I cant help but wonder how time just flew by. Everything seems like it just happened yesterday. Even now during this period of intense activity and fluctuations where my mood rapidly vacillate between extreme stress or moodiness I cant help but enjoy the nostalgic feeling that they bring leading to a pronounced smile across my visage.

Now I have received a promotion and I am an uncle for a third time. What a fine time to add another darling to my already existing pair. Unfortunately like last time, this time too I would not be around to experience the sheer joy of watching him grow up as I would be leaving on a jet plane soon but neverthless I am excited and with that the prospect of finding a good enough name for him.

Not that I havent found one as yet, I have but I would have loved to give that name to my brothers kid when he begins a family but looks like I would have to tax my non existent brain cells once again when that happens as right now someone else demands my chosen name.

I do have a lot of avuncular pride more so since they are my immediate darlings and I cant help but thank god for considering me worthy enough of this position as also making sure that both mom and the kid are healthy and doing quite well.

As I pack my stuff to set up my appointment with the latest entrant I realise this wouldn’t have come at a much better time. Deep down my heart flutters and with that the pride returns, its time to take charge of a new role and a new responsibility and I am pretty sure I can handle this as best as it would ever get.

“Vedant”… here I come……………

10 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 9, 2007 at 2:18:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Priya said...

Congrats to you buddy on being an UNCLE again... Wat a coincidence. I just rea din Mat blog, why others call him Uncle making him old and here you are overjoyed with it.

 
At Wednesday, May 9, 2007 at 8:12:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ priya /-

Well I too feel quite old actually :) but then that feeling is quite negated in light of the current events heheheh

 
At Wednesday, May 9, 2007 at 4:39:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratz..: ) and nice suggestion it's..: )

 
At Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 1:09:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Vidya said...

Congratulations. It is such a lovely feeling to have a child in the family!
:D

Vidya

 
At Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 12:02:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Archun said...

haha! congrats! Vedant is a lovely name!!

 
At Monday, May 21, 2007 at 3:17:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger KK said...

Do you normally congratulate people for being uncles?

I think I'll save my felicitations till you bag one of your own. Instead, I shall be happy at the prospect of your being called "Uncle" by atleast three, about 5 years down the line!

 
At Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 1:27:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ KK /-

where have you been dude? looks like AT&T have been keeping ya busy !!! :)

Ahh one of my own, well that time will tell and right now its a long way off (both marriage and a family) if you ask me...

see ya around....

 
At Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 1:28:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ archana /-

Hey thanks archun, hows the course work shaping up btw?

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 at 5:08:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Anupama said...

hey thts a cute name

 
At Friday, May 25, 2007 at 10:11:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ archana/-

thanks anu, we named him suraj so the name has no takers as of now hehee :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home