Friday, May 25, 2007

Fridays with The Avenger !!!

Naa, its not a rip off from the famous book "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom my latest read. However I must add, I found many aphorisms in them, some of which I could relate to practically in every sense since I do the same ....

I hate such books but she thrust it to my hands obviously wanting me to read and I didn’t want to turn the offer down. What the heck it’s just a book, it won’t take my life for Christ sake anyways....

Sure enough, I finished the book in a days time, but what mattered more was how at least some if not all could be imbibed by each one of us. We have it all within us and yep we keep staring at each of these truths day in and day out, but we are so grossed in our position in the rat race that we seldom see to take notice.

Looking back I guess I too was a part of it. I wasn’t bad, I mean I would never work so hard to come out tops in the rat race, but I wasn’t so pathetic either to come last. I prefer the mid position and I was kinda liking the pace at which I was traversing each point in life. In the process I lost some, I gained some, but nevertheless life just went on..

One thing the whole episode has taught me was to be a little more patient with others. Naa I haven’t got "patience personified" status, just that I am more tolerant of others a lil bit more than I was till last time....

I am not complaining, compassion is not alien to me in any case and besides I like doing what I can irrespective of what others say. As we chomped on the last piece of Pizza, gulped down the soda and headed for the movie, I was surprised at my patience and how we were at loggerheads till last night and tonight she is my unofficial date...

First lunch, then a movie and finally a late night coffee and as I waved her a good bye, I couldn’t help but smile, I was beginning to live what I had just read and the experience was indeed wonderful as described....

They say a good book is like a heart felt experience and needless to say I lived most moments if not all as I perused the latest one...

4 Comments:

At Monday, May 28, 2007 at 9:39:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Bobby D said...

Sudhir...sorry I've been off radar for a while...drop me a line and let me know how you're doing! Are you still in Karnataka or somewhere else now? Please do drop me a line - we need to catch up :-)!

 
At Thursday, May 31, 2007 at 2:06:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Wildflower said...

you're very kind... how you found me?

 
At Thursday, May 31, 2007 at 2:21:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Wildflower said...

america ... where at?

 
At Thursday, May 31, 2007 at 2:27:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Wildflower said...

Masters in Biological Sciences ... there must be an easier way to talk ... at least without a word verification each time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home