Monday, January 01, 2007

Choose the right ATTITUDE.

Aah a new beginning. How I feel so very optimistic as I smell the early morning air. Damn, it’s smelling of charcoal, some nut case had obviously forgotten to cut the fire once the revelry was over grrrrr. Last night was great, a long walk was just what I needed and I am glad it came at the right time.

Anyways the ghosts of 2006 would no longer come back and haunt me I suppose. It’s been a mixed year the early half promising pretty much more than I could fathom, and the later half slowly and surely chipping away the building blocks to cause a mild tremor just when it was least expected.

But like they say, past is past, lets not worry about how unfair life and get and move on that would probably be the best you can do. A couple of my friends had arranged a party at their place and even tho I was invited I wasn’t very keen on going. I mean I am not an austere person just that the saying “penny wise pound foolish” suits me just fine.

However things changed at the last minute and I landed up. As the night progressed I was getting increasingly agitated since it was boring. I excused myself and bade a good bye, I would rather be home early and share a moment or two with my niece and bro in law who’s just back from abroad than sit around and listen to tech talks. I mean all these techie parties are so boring all they do is talk about the moolah they rake in and going to US and finally marriage. A so very boring and ageless topic but nevertheless one that gets all techies gunning at the same time.

I mumbled my excuse and headed for the door to be followed by my friend who I was supposed to drop back home. As I bulldozed my way across the vast sea of people to get to the parking lot my friend asked me if I would mind taking a walk. Now you don’t get a PYT asking for a walk around every day and besides I could do with something different to calm my nerves. It was all hazy due to the smoke and the side dish which was awful.

So off we went walking down the street. Thank god she is not a techie so that suited me fine. We discussed holidays, the kayaking trip I have been planning on for some time, New Year resolutions and finally some issues that were bothering either of us. At the end of a pretty good 1 hour we were miles away from our parking lot but I sure had a good time. As we walked back, she asked me how do I stay calm ( as compared to most of the guys she knows) when a crisis strikes.

I mumbled thanks!! and mentioned “The grass is always greener on the other side”. It’s only when you go through it yourself that you realize how it wasn’t as bad as it seemed to be in the first place. I don’t pride on the fact that I stay calm when it gets bad. I DON’T. Like a normal person I too rave and rant about how unfair it gets, BUT what probably sets me apart is the fact that all said and done, I will just shut up and do what I am supposed to do in the first place.

I owe it to my parents. When the chips are down everyone is scared out of their wits. The whirlpool of change really sucks you down, and you would be constantly scared that one of the people who are going to get hurt is you. That get’s the worry cells working overtime and you begin to wonder whether you can really face them and emerge victorious or would you have to lower your standards and expectations that you had in the first place.

Well I feel it doesn’t have to be that way. If your grand parents can overcome their problems then so can you, after all it’s in the genes. We may have never thought about it but they went through enough hell during their times and they did it with the single minded reason that they wanted your life to be better than theirs.

So when the chips are down I go back to what my parents taught me. They taught me to apply myself. They forced me to get all the education and the worldly learning I could possibly but insisted on just one thing. By god don’t just stand there when its not going your way, make something happen will you!!!. This was easily one of the single most important things that only our parents could have taught. The wisdom came through the ages and mind you it wasn’t and will never be a part of the curricula at any red brick school you can ever get your feet into.

It’s not easy, but at the same time it’s not difficult either. When things turn for the worse, stop procrastinating, put your head down and do what you are supposed to do. You will be surprised how in a free society like ours, you can be as great as you want to be. And lastly be grateful for whatever blessings god bestows on you.

I am lucky that god showed some mercy on me, at least I have a foundation. As the New Year begins, I choose to revel in the good times the preceding year bought than worry about what went wrong and where. I also choose to look forward to this year being a rather good one, full of hope and cheer.

Bottom line I Choose and I believe so can you

HAPPY NEW YEAR …………………

4 Comments:

At Monday, January 1, 2007 at 12:34:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger ammalu said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Monday, January 1, 2007 at 12:38:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger ammalu said...

Sorry Avenger...I clicked the delete button ...

Wish you a very happy new year...
May this year turn all your dreams to reality......

 
At Monday, January 1, 2007 at 12:54:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ anamika /-

thanks my friend, i wish you the same :)

 
At Thursday, January 4, 2007 at 8:13:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Priya said...

Happy new year to you. I go with I choose and I believe as you said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home