Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Aah NO not you PLEASE !!!


There was this strange question a friend of mine raised. She asked me "Why I can’t fall in love?" as ostensibly I happened to pass a remark "Falling in LOVE is not for you". What made me say that? At that point of time I just stuck to my stand but I promised there will be a post on this and here it comes.

Ohh btw “The Activists” please hold your horses. The question sounded strange to me because this friend of mine has more important things on her mind, than romance of all things. So when this question was asked, I was amused more than anything else.

This may be an isolated case for some, but I guess there are enough examples in and around so as not to dismiss them off as a rarity. Consider this friend of mine A genuinely good guy who is quickly ascending the ladder at work. He is normal looking, and a real fun guy to be around. More importantly he still believes there are enough righteousness and good happening out there to let go of his principles.

He fell in love sometime back while funnily denying it all the time. He reveled in the closeness they shared. For him her opinions and beliefs mattered and He wanted to meet her to show her his real self and then let her decide if she would want to settle down with him. But unfortunately it didn’t work out for reasons best know to her. She couldn’t connect to him was her answer.

Looking back he feels it’s because when they started as friends, they were just two people who liked each other. Questions like what’s how good they look, how much money they make, their career progress, materialistic possessions etc just didn't matter. As time went on, their feelings for each other did not change, regardless of which path they took in life.

Appreciation flow was bidirectional and they encouraged and backed up each other pretty well. But the world fell apart when she met him for the first time. Suddenly his average looks, and not being able to relate to her occupied center stage.

So my friend understand this. We human beings are fickle minded. What sounds best at the present moment might turn out to be a pain later on. My friend lost out after probably matching the maximum combinations he could conjure, unfortunately he hadn’t accounted for his average looks and his inability to present himself any better.

Listen and listen clear now .. You are a fine gal with your limited wants, earthy nature and non fussy attitude. I have seen what happens when love fails and personally I don’t want you to ever face such a predicament in life.


I am under the belief that good begets good, and hence would prefer that the right person reaches you sifting through the chaff rather than you stand out like a pebble amongst a sack of rice. Besides It's my endeavor to spare you the experience.

I agree I am being selfish or perhaps paranoid but I would rather see you in the present state than in the mess that my friend is.

So now you understand why I said you DON’T QUALIFY ?


I will wait for your bouquets or brickbats when I happen to join office in the New Year. Well what am awesome start that would be for a new year :) ………………

19 Comments:

At Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 5:30:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger ancientmariner said...

true...the initial euphoria of having found 'the perfect person' by virtue of his abilities,nature,'wavelength match' etc wanes away after the two people meet and from then on looks and presentation take precedence....and it ends with the often cliche'd statement 'we cant relate to each other'...bitter truth..but truth it is...

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 4:06:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fortunately or unfortunately for me i found the right person. But i also lost him, so be happy you didn't start something with her and then lose her.
You have to ask yourself:
"Was it better to have loved her and lost her or not have loved her at all?"

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 at 6:49:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ anonymous / -

I am happy it happened as for the answer to the later part of your question it's better to have loved her and lost her

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 at 6:04:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ ancientmariner /-

cmon dude, lets not get critical about it.

everyone is selfish when it comes to their life. it happens, lets move ahead as if nothing happened wat say ?

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 at 6:10:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger sarinstyle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 at 6:14:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 at 6:20:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the story and the end result are so familiar. today i am seeing another one and would be getting married to her early next year for sure.

I am sure your partner has lost a lot more than she bargained for.

best wishes for finding your soulmate. keep it up, very nice earthy style of writing.

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 at 6:24:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ anonymous /-

thanks my friend. I am not sure about what she lost but I am sure about my LOSS tho...

I am afraid ppl are seeing just my side of the story which is not why this post is here in the first place :(

whatever her reasons, she is entitled to it and i am happy i shared a great rapport with her !!!

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 at 6:28:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ The Avenger / -

Avenger i agree to what you said. we should respect the decision she took. she may have her reasons.

I am glad a guy tried to understand a gal atleast this time.

I liked the attitude. could i try and know you better ?? :)

Priya

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 at 6:30:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ priya /-

guys do UNDERSTAND. if they dont kick their behinds and make them understand. Same holds true for you gals too...

what better way to know me than keep coming back to read my silly post(s).

I assure you I am no different than your neighbourhood guy ( in every sense i mean)

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 at 6:32:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ the avenger /-

so does that mean you wont share your emailid or chat id ?

Priya

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 at 6:41:00 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw i never had a friendly neighbourhood spiderman as my friend. I would love to have one!!

So does that mean I am IN ?

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 at 6:43:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ anonymous /-

Well lets play the following roles for the time being. "The Author" (me) and "The Criticizer" (You).

I liked the spiderman tag tho ....

 
At Monday, December 25, 2006 at 2:16:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger ancientmariner said...

its NOT better to have loved her and lost her...the pain that comes with the separation is unbearable...but nevertheless life moves on...

 
At Monday, December 25, 2006 at 8:50:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ ancient mariner /-

PAIN is felt both ways. but the sooner you get over urs the better.

What better way to get over any kind of pain then be happy it happened and move on ??

I choose to do that and hence the comment....

 
At Monday, December 25, 2006 at 11:49:00 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger ancientmariner said...

absolutely agree on "everyone is selfish when it comes to their life."...very true..unfortunately there are some who believe that in a relationship selfishness is thrown to the winds..but they learnt it the hard way....nice narration in your posts...

 
At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 at 2:59:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ sush /-

aah well if romance was the case I am sure you would come out tops no 2 thoughts about that :)

btw this time you got a pile-on that wont be the case always !!!

 
At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 at 9:39:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Bangalorean said...

oooh is that a warning??ha ha ha...
chits is in town!waitin for the party to start!!meetin chits,maybe smi then sherly...bring it on baby!!muhahaha

 
At Wednesday, December 27, 2006 at 10:17:00 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger The Avenger !!! said...

@ sush /-

whoaa there u go again. well good luck anyways !!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home